From November 13th to 15th the International Days on Mobile Development took place at the Hogeschool van Amsterdam (HvA), one of our partner universities and with about 46.000 students one of the largest in the Netherlands.
I had the opportunity to meet with colleagues from all over Europe who are teaching in the area of mobile application development. It was really inspiring for me to exchange with other experts in the field that have many years of experience and are working on very interesting projects. This year we had colleagues from the following universities:
- Turku University of Applied Sciences (https://www.turkuamk.fi/), Finnland
- Metropolia, Espo/Helsinki, Finnland (http://www.metropolia.fi/)
- University of Zagreb, Kroatia, Finnland (http://www.unizg.hr/homepage/)
- University of Salford, Manchester, UK (http://www.salford.ac.uk/)
- Institute of Technology Carlow, Ireland (http://www.itcarlow.ie/)
During the three days we were working together with students from the HvA and gave them feedback on their projects, gave presentations on our work and visited an IT company near Amsterdam. We also talked about future collaborations on lecture material and joint research projects as well as further visits and exchange of ideas and learning materials. I personally enjoyed the three days very much and am looking forward to visit the partner institutions soon next year.
Here are some of the impressions I would like to share with you: